As I am based in Hyderabad, India, will focus on this blog on exciting long weekend getaways particularly with one not very far off in August.
#Traveldiaries recommend these jewels which are between 800kms to as close as 150-170 kms from Hyderabad.
- Ooty, Tamilnadu: To start with is the most sought after location but let me warn you to select this place if you can bargain a couple of days off from work, and the place is Ooty, the queen of hills. Link to the booking of place I stayed at Kethi (Click Here)
Overall a wonderful drive if you choose to drive down and here is the route map.
Few areas that we struggled with on our way until Bengaluru: Not many pitstops on route, had to be picky to stop for breaks particularly for breaks.
Few places that we can stop en-route Hyderabad-Bengaluru:
a. Food Pyramid, NH7, Kothakota (before Kurnool as you travel from Hyderabad)
b. Drivein at Jadcherla
Few places en-route Bengaluru-Mysuru:
a. Coffee day – Lanco Devanahalli Mysuru Highway (Expressway)
b. A2B (Aadayar Anand Bhavan) near Mysuru
A caution not to take the route via Mandya as it has very heavy traffic and very rash driving can be sighted at times.
2. Nalamalai Jungle Camps, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh: Jungle Camps and safari well maintained by Forest Dept, Govt of Andhra Pradesh (Link to book Here)
3. Laknavaram, Telangana... Beautiful island connected by a bridge, around 100kms from Warangal. Telangana Tourism has a good property at this place under the brand Haritha Hotels (Link to book Here)
Caution: road widening work in progress and would recommend you to start early to reach on time. Haritha Tourism Resorts have decent accommodation options here..
4. Black buck Forest Resorts by Govt of Karnataka… This is near Bidar in Karnataka, a decent property but again a caution for the road conditions enroute here.. (Link to book Here)
5. Urvakal APTDC Haritha Resorts, Kurnool Dist, Andhra Pradesh: Urvakal is famous for its rock garden and the Haritha resort by the lake. In monsoons, you could also have some nature and bird watching experiences at this lovely location. APTDC has Haritha resorts here which you could book for the stay (Link to book Here)
Follow me on Social Media: