Drive in Hyderabad Traffic – Fall in line!!
Come August and if you are based in Hyderabad or visiting Hyderabad then this blog is for you.
The Government of Telangana issued a G.O Ms. No. 26, Dt.24-4-2017 of Transport, Roads & Buildings (Tr.I) Department which introduced the system of penalty points for the Traffic Violations under M.V. Act.
According to Section 4 (i) of the G.O. Rule No. 4 & 5, at any point of time, if the cumulative tally of the penalty points accrued by a driver having a license exceeds the limit of 12points during the preceding block period of 24 months, his/her driving license shall be suspended for a period of one year from the date of accrual of twelve points.
On suspension of the driving license, the accrued penalty points shall cease to subsist.
The Section 4 (ii) says that if a person, whose license has been suspended and later revoked after completion of one year period under Rule 45-A(4)(i), again accrues 12 points subsequently, driving license of such person shall be suspended for a period of 2 years from the date of accrual of the said 12 points.
On further repetition of accumulation of 12 points every time, the driving license shall be suspended for a period of 3 years.
If a person holding a learner’s license accrues 5 points during the validity period of learner’s license, such learner’s license shall be cancelled forthwith. The person whose learner’s license has been cancelled shall be eligible for re-issue of fresh Learner’s License on production of a certificate of learning driving as prescribed from a recognized school or establishment.
This penalty points will be awarded to the violators with effect from August 1.
A few recommendations from my side and feel free to add in comments:
- Follow traffic rules at all times of the day
- Follow lane discipline
- Don’t honk continuously wait for the person in front to find a clear way to give way to you
- Always overtake where permitted from right side
- Use low beam during nights
- Always wear helmet and seatbelts as appropriate
- Follow the speed limit at all times, remember Hawk Eye is watching you with camera all across the Hyderabad city in less than 1-1.5kms gap
- Don’t mix drinking and driving- Drive Sensible
- Don’t drive in wrong way it’s frustrating to see a person not following rules
- Don’t park at will in the middle of road or at footpaths to do a quick buy
- Help others have a pleasant drive
- Don’t suddenly change lanes without adequate warning or blinkers
- Always use blinkers
Updated: Official release by Hyderabad Traffic Police on their Facebook page
Follow me on Social Media:Hyderabad, India, Point Based Penalty, Rules, Traffic