- Switzerland Stay Options to have a great Trip!
- Switzerland Stay Options
- A few experiences of mine in Zurich and Basel over the years-
- You can choose between options that would suit you right from
- Coming to helping you select stay options, my recommendation would be to look at the below websites for booking your stay:
- Like it? Please Share:
- Like this:
Switzerland Stay Options to have a great Trip!
Hello Guys! Welcome to my second blog post after the Travel in Switzerland (travelling options) blog a few days back.
As always in Switzerland, my go to place is Basel towards the International borders of Germany and France. This is a town / city very close to my heart.
I have had the opportunity to visit this beautiful country multiple times and also had an opportunity to vary my stay options.
Coming to stay options, Switzerland offers something for everyone. You can choose to stay in a star hotel (depending on your budget) or an Apart-hotel or camp in the nature should you be a someone who is an adventurer or a Hostel for backpackers.
Coming to each of these options, all of them have their own benefits and challenges, to demystify this for tourists and travelers, i am capturing here information that would be helpful for planning your stay in a wise and most memorable way.
Switzerland as a country is a premium holiday destination, should you not plan your trip effectively, you can see Switzerland with a budget is my experience during my trip
Now coming to talk of the options,
Switzerland Stay Options
I would start with hotels and the saying goes – the more advance you book the better and cheaper would the offers / rates be which holds good here.
Should you be travelling from India, i would strongly recommend you checking Trivago which offers you better deals than other websites that i could see. This compares the fares with multiple booking engines and gives you a better deal.
A few experiences of mine in Zurich and Basel over the years-
Zurich – In one of the trips, i have stayed in Zurich over a weekend at Novotel Zurich and the experience was wonderful. The rates were nominal as i have booked in advance a couple of months prior to the trip.
Basel – Having being one of my most visited place for business, i have stayed in multiple categories.
Mercure (Now Pullman Basel) – Again a business hotel offering good rooms just beside the tram station in Basel, this is on the main route of Basel Fasnacht
Adagio Aparthotel – This is a Apartment Hotel offering studio rooms with kitchen and basic cutlery and appliances to help someone who loves cooking explore their passion in cooking a meal, close-by is a super market Coop that has all the essentials that you may need, should you be a tourist willing to explore Indian / Sri Lankan options, there is a grocery shop that offers specific items too. (Saritha Gold Shop) which is one stop away in Tram.
Apartmenthaus Zum Trillen, MarktPlatz, Basel – This is in the center of the town in Basel is again a Apartment Hotel offering you great studio rooms very close to Hotel Basel. You have the daily market just a few minutes walk from here, where you get fresh fruits, vegetables and bread that you would love.
While this has been my experience, i have had an opportunity to do extensive research over the last few years on various options available in Switzerland to suit the pocket.
You can choose between options that would suit you right from
- Hotels in towns / cities to apartments
- Camping in tents / camping vans / static caravans (i love this personally)
- Hostels for backpackers
- Bed and Breakfast options at some really nice exotic locations
- On the Swiss Farm (in a Farm House)
- Alpine Huts
Coming to helping you select stay options, my recommendation would be to look at the below websites for booking your stay:
- Trivago – Click here to check options
- Dorint – Dorint Basel
- Novotel Basel – Click here to book
- TCS Camping – TCS Camping Benefit of TCS Camping is the package that you can look at with discounts should you opt for their membership (Family / Individual) which also offers you options for camping stay(s), Insurance, Bike or car bookings etc and roadside assistance
- ASCI Eurocampings – Click here to explore ASCI boasts of more than 100 campsites in Switzerland which are spread across all major tourist and regions in the country
If you wish to camp, the campsites provide you with all basic aspects that you would be needing in lines of washing machine, restaurant, internet, a few offer swimming pool as well in addition to charging points if you plan to hire a camper van.
Also not to forget,
6. MySwitzerland Official Website – MySwitzerland Tourism Board
Switzerland is one country I realized is a place you can tweak your holiday to suit your budget and ensure you still enjoy without having your pockets burn much while enjoying the beautiful landscapes and Alps
I am sure the collated information from various sources under one roof would help you in planning your travel to this wonderful country.
Wishing you the best in planning your trip, do follow me on my social media accounts should you need any support in planning your trip.
Until my next blog-post, this is Srikanth signing off.