Day Four as I Travel to Mount Titlis
Hello Friends, Coming back after a few weeks with my next Travelogue from the Switzerland Trip.
14th March 2018 saw me plan a trip to Mount Titlis and i was all set to ensure I reached the Basel SBB railway station by 0800 Hrs to catch the InterRegio to Luzern from where I would need to connect another train to Engelberg. The journey was around 01:45 hours from Basel.
One point that i would like to highlight is the punctuality and connectivity offered by the SwissTravelSystem which is par excellence and next to none as was my experience.
Why Mt. Titlis
Switzerland is one country which has a postcard frame with every turn and everyplace literally so why Mount Titlis?
Well, did you know that Mt. Titlis could be reached in a rotating cable car and is in the Uri Alps north of the Susten Pass? Here is the point.
Interesting fact: To reach Klein Titlis, you need to travel in three stages – starting from Engelberg 3,268 ft to Gerschnialp (4,140 ft), Trübsee (5,892 ft) and Stand (7,966 ft)
Travel to Mt. Titlis
Here is the Google Map to plan your Travel to Mount Titlis from Basel:
Interesting fact: the weather gets monitored every day before the Titlisbahn opens its doors to start services to Mount Titlis every morning!
While you are on a travel to Mt. Titlis, you would spend around 45 minutes going to the destination.
You would be arriving at Engelberg Railway station and you have free bus until the Titlisbahn and you would be purchasing your tickets from the counter here from the friendly staff who would advise you on the weather, local attractions.
Now coming to the wonderful journey:
- Engelberg – Trübsee: ~20 minutes gondola ride
- Trübsee – Stand: ~5 minutes (change to a 80 passenger cable car after enjoying Trübsee and the attractions around)
- Stand – Titlis: ~5 minutes (here you would board the worlds first revolving gondola / Rotair)
Where to Stay – Engelberg and Mt. Titlis
You could look at multiple options to find stay options right from Apartments to hotels to youth hostels to plan your stay while visiting Mt. Titlis.
Here are a few options, should your schedule and budget permit that i would recommend:
- Bärghuis Jochpass is located at 2222 m above sea level, below Mount Titlis and also boasts of the four course dinner and breakfast included along with local taxes
- Berghotel Trübsee which is at Trübsee is another best option which at night will offer you unparalleled view of the wonderful sky
- Engelberg Trail Hotel which is a hotel serving tourists since 1854 and has a great feedback on the warmth and personal touch it offers
Major Attractions in Mt. Titlis
You can hop-on and hop-off the cable car while you are on your way to Klein Titlis and explore the cable stations and the wonderful attractions and video / picture points it has to offer.
View this post on Instagram
#TravelwithSrikanth #Snow #Alps #Peaks #Travel 2 #Engelberg #Trübsee as #Titlis was closed due to #winds #Picoftheday #pictureoftheday #Switzerland #switzerland_vacations #travel #traveling #TFLers #vacation #visiting #instatravel #instago #instagood #holiday #fun #travelling #tourism #tourist #instatraveling #mytravelgram #travelgram #travelingram
Now coming to the attractions that you should not miss:
- Trübsee – Snow park is a must visit and also a walk in the snow
- Rotair 360
- Klein Titlis-
- Ice Flyer
- Glacier Cave
- Chain Suspension Bridge which is not for the faint heart!
- Don’t miss the Funicular ride which is the best that you can get on this trip and not to forget the cable cars
- Finally, for the adventure seekers – try out Bungee Jumping!
A Few Pictures to do the talking!
A few points to remember:
- Do try the Indian samosas that you get at the entrance of Titlis
- Check for the weather status on the official website before starting on your trip to Mt. Titlis
- Enjoy the trip and keep an entire day for Mt. Titlis, do start early so that you have lesser crowds at the destinations, the lifts / rides start roughly around 0800 Hrs on any given day unless stated otherwise
- Do not forget carrying your camera and SD card
Please follow my travel journeys on social media:
Do follow me on Social media and encourage me to go on more trips and share back my stories with you.
Until my next blog-post, this is Srikanth signing off.